Read Monday Mail online
Remembering Dick Lyon See below
Trailer unloading is tomorrow during the regularly scheduled practice (6:30 Tuesday the 23rd) If you're in town, please join us - many hands make light work.
Post MMR Schedule: Now The Moose Nugget is over the early season training schedule is done. Moving forward there will only be one evening practice instead of two. Practice will begin a half-hour later at 6:30, this will give the 9 - 5 workers a bit more time to get to the lake.
Saturday Practice: With all the things to do on a weekend in Seward, the Saturday practice was not utilized to any great extent. The board has decided to swap the Saturday Moring practice for a Monday night Practice. Saturday the 27th will be the last regular Saturday practice of the season. Starting Monday the 29th regular practice will begin at 6:30 pm
- This year KCRC is sporting a team for the Lake Union Tail of the Lake - 10/6/19 (Seattle) Washington
- We need a count of how many will be going by August 1st.
- Add your name to the sign-up sheet https://kenaicrewsers.org/content/tail-lake-2019
- Thank you Sue for stepping up as registration coordinator,
- Lori L as housing coordinator deserves a round of applause
- We are still looking for a transportation coordinator.
- Other activities?
- Map of event https://www.regattacentral.com/v3/cms/regatta/6257/rules?org_id=0
- Dates and Deadlines https://www.regattacentral.com/regatta/deadlines/?job_id=6257&org_id=0
Tail of the Bear
- It's time to begin planning for Tail of the Bear
- There is a sign-up sheet on the website for jobs and stuff we need
- The list looks better on a desktop than it does on a cell phone
- Add your name to the list for things you are able to do
The Monday Mail will be archived on the website each week - if you lose your email, you can quickly reference the website
- Tail of the Bear: Saturday, August 17
- Big Head Regetta: September 14th
- Tail of the Lake: October 6th
907 491 0835
Remembering Dick Lyon
Allison Lyon was a summer coach for the Crewsers, about 5 years ago. Her dad Dick came to visit, and rowed with us. He medaled in the Tokyo Olympics in rowing, was a perennial winner at the Head of the Charles into his 80’s, and was a wonderful guy.
CELEBRATION OF DICK'S LIFE
August 24, Sat. at 2 p.m. Peace Lutheran Church
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Dick passed away on July 8th while sailing on Huntington Lake in the Sierras. He was on the water, in the mountains, doing something he loved. He will be greatly missed by so many people. His children and I would love to have you join us in a celebration of his life if possible. I want to thank everyone for all of their support. I am including a song (remembered from childhood) that hit me after the Paradise fire. Suddenly it has taken on an even greater meaning.